Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Crush Your Sole Run October 20th, 2012

The run this week will be at Corona Del Sol High School.   Come out and run with us at 7am.  Help us get the word out and invite your friends.  Help us build this community, we need more peeps up in this mug!

I've been reading a really good book written by Tim Noakes about running.  I've found so many pieces of information that pertains to coaching and life.  Having the right mental mindset will get you successfully through a race, through a workout and more important through a fulfilling life.

What's your mindset?

I'm a perfectionist, I set very lofty goals.  That's good to a point.  I surpassed that point of being healthy.  When I wasn't reaching those goals, I was extremely tough on myself.  I felt that I was a failure.  I would feel horrible about myself, it effected all aspects of my life.  WRONG MINDSET!

 I've been working on not being such a perfectionist and enjoying the journey more that the outcome.  I still set goals, they're just not set in stone.  You tend to enjoy life more and have a greater appreciation for yourself when you don't beat your self up with self criticism.  That in turn, makes you way more funner to be around!  If you realize you have the wrong mindset, start changing it.

 After the run this weekend, sit next to Juan at breakfast.  He's constantly smiling.  You can't help to smile back, I swear you can't!  Serious, try it!  He has a great outlook on life.  He's got the right mindset!  I'm sure he'll have a few tips for on getting your shit right.  What ever you do, don't end up next to Angie.  Hahaha, just playing, kinda.

Here's a video of my boy Tim Noakes dropping knowledge.  Mindset To Succeed

See  you guys on Saturday!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment